Search

Seth Meyers Explains to Seth MacFarlane Why People Resent Him

Seth MacFarlane talks about his hour-long sci-fi comedic drama The Orville and his album In Full Swing.
» Get more Late Night with Seth Meyers:
» Watch Late Night with Seth Meyers Weeknights 12:35/11:35c on NBC.

LATE NIGHT ON SOCIAL
Follow Late Night on Twitter:
Like Late Night on Facebook:
Find Late Night on Tumblr:
Connect with Late Night on Google+:

Late Night with Seth Meyers on YouTube features A-list celebrity guests, memorable comedy, and topical monologue jokes.

NBC ON SOCIAL
Like NBC:
NBC Tumblr:
NBC Pinterest:
NBC Google+:
YouTube:
NBC Instagram:

Seth Meyers Explains to Seth MacFarlane Why People Resent Him- Late Night with Seth Meyers

Late Night with Seth Meyers

30 Comments
  1. Gurujot Singh Khalsa

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

I'm watching The Orville. I like it, but haven't laughed once. Its a nostalgic Star Trek rip off, but not much in the way of comedy.

2. emmamaria

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

I am LOVING The Orville SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

3. E K

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Ah.,..so that's where Norm Macdonald has been…can't wait for it.

4. Murgon Treloar

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

No one has tried a 1 hour sci-fi comedy drama before? Hello? Remember "Firefly". I do. Hope you have better luck.

5. B3boy

love love love it(10)

6. Mia DeVon

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Fun drinking game: take a swig every time Seth slaps his thigh. Lol

7. earthatom7

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Did he forget about family guy multi-verse episode? That was pretty sci-fi…

8. tracerow

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Seth is so hot but i reckon he is gay or bi. Too respectful.of women, too many women friends. You know how it is. I have a hunch.

9. Sebastian Stec

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

so its sorta a life action futurama

10. Nashanta Stanley

I think Seth is HOT….I mean I wouldn't push him outta bed.! LOL

11. Vee K.

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

That man is an ambitious God. Of course he X at find his muse in this world- she's too good to be in this world. Seth, buddy, you a twin flame. She's watching over you. She IS your creative drive. That's how you honor her. You'll see….

12. M Smith

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

he keeps slapping his lap…that's an interesting/annoying tick
    love Orville

13. Just Talk

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

I feel like if DNA was extracted from Tony Hawk and Andy Sandberg and it was used in a lab to genetically engineer a baby it would come out as Seth Meyers.

14. martinbondesson

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

The Orville is great! It feels like a mix between classic Star Trek (TNG, DS9, Voyager era) and Galaxy Quest. It is good for what it's trying to be, and nothing else.. 🙂

15. welive& learn

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

this guy makes me feel lazy…

16. Renae H

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Handsome and talented beyond words. Is he single?! Seth is amazing.

17. Zarkow

Way better than ST:D

18. Gypsy SnickerDoodle

Bullshit: the genre isn’t BRAND NEW, the BBC did that with Hyperdrive

19. Marc Touss

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

the orville is really dope..

20. Robert Karma

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

The Orville has turned out to be much more than I expected. I knew that Seth would bring the humor and that he was a huge fan of Star Trek (and other Sci-Fi) but I admit I wasn't sure how he was going to mix that into this series. The latest episode was "Krill" that had repeated silly jokes about car rental companies but a serious, poignant plot about confronting an alien species that doesn't recognize your right to exist. The final scene of this episode certainly echoed the ethical dilemmas faced on the many iterations of Star Trek but most closely Deep Space 9. The show keeps getting better each week as the actors flesh out their characters and we learn more about their universe. I hope that Fox renews The Orville as the series has a lot of potential. Kudos to Seth for making a "Star Trek" series that feels like TOS in many ways.

21. FerFer1958

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

the show THE ORVILLE is fantastic. I highly recommend it. I'm watching each episode multiple times and is great each time.

22. Valerie Escatel

It’s so good

23. PropheticDreamUSA

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Seth Meyers is the worst interviewer… He seems so strange and ingenuine.

24. Devo Tom Ford

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

A funny hour long sci-fi show "has not been done before"? I'm also really excited for a new project coming out this fall on NBC, its really fresh and new; its about 6 friends in NYC that primarily hang out in a coffee shop.

25. ChevaliersEmeraude

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Sci-fi comedy ain't new to me! Here in Québec, Canada, we had a show like that, called "Dans une galaxie près de chez vous" (In English it would translate to "In a Galaxy Near You", something like that), and it was AMAZING! Ran for 4 seasons and 2 movies, with from what I heard a third one being written! 😀

Didn't watch this Orville show yet, but I doubt it'll be the best sci-fi comedy I've ever watched considering how great the one we made is!

(LOL, I love how I'm promoting a Québec show! This is rare, because honestly, Hollywood has one heck of a high bar for outsiders to reach. And yes, we have a bunch of shows in Québec, but few of average Hollywood quality. Lack of resources would do that! But "Dans une galaxie près de chez vous" is one of those show I can promote as a real Québec gem that would be hard to beat! 🙂 Also, all the episodes are on YouTube, if you guys speak French, or are just even curious about what I'm talking about! :p Someone uploaded them, so you guys can look it up!)

26. Buzz Killington

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Man, talk about a guy who is just ridiculously talented. Hard not to like him.

27. FractalPrism

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

galaxy quest, the show. lol

28. Emily Gilbey

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

The Orville is fucking awesome though to be fair!!!

29. Emily Gilbey

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

I love Seth but ain't you seen red dwarf? I mean I cried with love slapping my hands like a seal at the new episode! It's been on since I was three and is my life. Dr who is good, red dwarf is literally pure love!!!!

30. ProjectFlashlight612

November 9, 2017 6:48 am

Ummm…Seth, don't try to lie to people about this, the "code was cracked" when you were about about 14 years old. The idea HAS been done before, and it was massively successful. It was called *Red Dwarf.* 1988-93, 1997 and 1999 on BBC TV, then on a digital platform for 2009, 2012 and 2016, with six new episodes comprising Season 12 screening this month.